Super simple to make, these jammy pop tarts are a SPOTacular addition to any Pudsey bakes.
You will need:
- 1 packet short crust pastry
- 1 jar Fearne & Rosie Strawberry Jam
- 40g icing sugar
Let’s get jamming!
- Preheat oven to 200 / 180c fan
- Unroll the pastry and cut the pastry into 16 rectangles.
- Place 8 of the rectangles onto a lined baking tray, making sure there is a little space around each one.
- Add a dollop of jam to each rectangle and use a teaspoon to spread avoiding spreading too closely to the edge.
- Place the remaining pieces of pastry on top.
- Gently press the pastry together around the edges with a fork to stop the jam from leaking out then pierce the middle of each pop tart to release the steam.
- Pop into the oven for 15-17 minutes until the pastry is golden.
- Remove and leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, sieve the icing sugar into a bowl adding a teaspoon of water at a time until you have smooth, runny icing.
- Once the pop tarts have cooled, spread the icing over the middle of the pop tarts and decorate with sprinkles.